There has been a new trend immersing around whipped coffee, also known as Dalgona Coffee. Recently, we’ve all been staying home and local coffee shops have been closed - which has led to people experimenting at home to get their favourite coffee kick! We tried it and we LOVE it with our mushroom coffee blend, Shroom Coffee - so here’s a recipe our friend Del created.
If you haven’t heard of Dalgona Coffee before, let us explain. It is a beverage created by whipping instant coffee with sugar and hot water until it turns thick and creamy. Then pouring on-top of iced milk to form a thick milky coffee!
HOW TO MAKE DALGONA COFFEE
It may sound complicated but it is anything but! All you need is:
- A mixing bowl
- Electric whisk
- Shroom Coffee
- Sugar (make sure to use sugar, to achieve the right consistency)
- Hot Water
Add the ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes until a thick and creamy consistency has formed. Add some ice to a glass and fill just over half way with a milk of your choice (we like to go with Rice or Almond milk). Then pour the creamy coffee mixture on-top and enjoy!
MUSHROOM COFFEE? DOES THAT MAKE ME HIGH…
The answer is NO! This is something we get asked quite a lot which definitely makes us smile - but no our Mushroom Coffee does not cause hallucinations. The mushrooms included in our blend are; Chaga, Cordyceps & Lion’s Mane. They are also known as ‘functional’ or ‘medicinal’ mushrooms because of their health boosting properties. We wanted to make these powerful superfoods user-friendly and what better way than in coffee right? With less caffeine, you’re getting your coffee fix with health benefits!
WHIPPED MUSHROOM COFFEE
MAKES: 2 GLASSES
- 2 tbsp. of Shroom Coffee (powder form)
- 1 ½ tbsp. of Sugar (try Coconut or Brown)
- 2 tbsp. of Hot Water
- 1 cup of your choice of Milk
- Add your Shroom Coffee, Sugar and Hot Water to your mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add some ice cubes to 2 glasses and fill with the milk of your choice - just over half way.
- Scoop a dollop of your whipped coffee on-top and enjoy!