GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN FRIENDLY & HEALTHY!
Pesto pasta is a firm favourite for that carby meal after the gym! So simple to make and with completely clean ingredients, it's one of the healthiest ways to enjoy pasta.
We wanted to create a recipe with our Clean Greens blend that makes it easy to add into a recipe you and your family can enjoy and what better way to do so, than with pasta! 🙌🏻
Homemade pesto is full of healthy fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6, fibre protein and keeps in the fridge - so you don't need to worry about eating it all at once, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. The great thing about homemade pesto, is that you can balance the ingredients yourself and you know exactly what is being put into the mix! This recipe is one of our favourite savoury recipes, so we hope you enjoy 🌿
CLEAN GREENS HOMEMADE PESTO
Makes | 1 small jar full
- 1tsp. of Clean Greens 🌿
- 2 bunches of fresh basil
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- Squeeze of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
🌿 Make it Vegan with 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast or vegan hard-cheese. If you're not vegan, use normal hard/parmesan cheese.
- Pasta of your choice!
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Makesure all of the ingredients are combined together!
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and then simmer.
- Add the pasta with a sprinkle of salt and cook for 8 minutes (approx) - best cooked al dente!
- Drain the pasta and pour into a bowl. Spoon the pesto over the top with a sprinkle of pine nuts, enjoy!