GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN FRIENDLY & HEALTHY!
One of the nations favourite cakes... coffee & walnut cake 🤤. Perfect with a cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon! We always encourage people to live healthy, but with balance - so there's always opportunity for a sweet treat every once in a while. So we wanted to create a recipe that was free-from all of the nasties (gluten & dairy) - so very gut friendly! So you can enjoy this one without the sore tummy afterwards🙌🏻
For the coffee flavour we have used our Shroom Coffee blend - which includes organic instant Arabica Coffee (so tastes pretty damn good!)
FREE-FROM COFFEE & WALNUT CAKE
- 1tbsp. of Shroom Coffee ☕️
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp. of GF baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas (make sure you mush them down beforehand)
- 1 cup of plant milk
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup of soaked cashews (soak in water overnight)
- 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 6 tbsp. of Shroom Coffee (or regular coffee)
- 1 tbsp. of melted coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- For the cake mixture, start by whisking 1 cup of the buckwheat flour with the baking powder, bananas, and milk.
- Then whisk in the maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla powder.
- Add the rest of the buckwheat flour and the chopped walnuts into the mix and whisk together.
- Layer a bread tin with baking paper and pour the mixture into it, smoothing it out so it is nice even.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile blend the ingredients for the icing in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- When the cake is ready, let it cool down before spreading the icing over the top.