Coconut Bowls - Eating Out Of Nature

December 29, 2017

Coconut Bowls - Eating Out Of Nature

Eating Out Of Nature

There’s something really quite extraordinary about eating out of a Coconut Bowl… I mean you are eating a meal out of an actual coconut! Amazing. 

The journey of your very own Coconut Bowl is fascinating.

Once the flesh and water has been extracted for their many uses (i.e. sugar, oil or milk etc), 99% of their shells are burned as waste or sent to landfill. This not only contributes significantly to Co2 emissions, but also puts our wildlife and communities at danger. The remaining 1% are recycled and reclaimed to make Coconut Bowls!

How do they go from Coconut Shells to Bowls?

The reclaimed coconut shells are sent to our partners in Vietnam, and are cleaned, cut, sanded down and polished with natural virgin coconut oil! What makes them even more special is that just like you and me, not one coconut bowl will ever look the same! They all come with their unique markings, dents, shapes and imperfections, so your Coconut Bowl really is one in a million!

Sustainable Living

Our Coconut Bowls are helping contribute to a more sustainable world, as we’re recycling waste products and utilising their amazing features. They’re a pretty impressive sustainable piece of crockery that can be used for many different things. And it is definitely the start of a more sustainable way of life for us all. 

We also donate a proportion of our sales to the non-profit organisation, One Tree Planted. So with every bowl purchased, you're also helping plant more trees around the world. We're currently planting trees in South America, Africa and also in Asia, where our Coconut Bowls and Spoons are made. 

 

Coconut Bowl Recipes  

Here are a few of our favourite recipes for you to enjoy out of your Coconut Bowl…

 

Chocolate Protein Oats

Coconut Bowl Oats

We make chocolate oats all the time, as they’re a great and tasty source of energy to start the day! Just top them with whatever you fancy; but you can never go wrong with nuts and fruit!

Now lets talk about what is in this protein packed, chocolatey bowl of goodness…

 Ingredients:

  • 50g oats (gluten free oats for me #coeliaclife)
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 250ml almond or rice milk
  • 1 tbsp of cacao powder
  • 1 tbsp of Muscle Protein
  • Whatever toppings you like … I had mixed nuts, blueberries and a drizzle of Organic Maple Syrup 

How to make: 

Add the mashed banana, oats, milk and cacao powder to your saucepan on a low-medium heat. Simply simmer until the oats have absorbed the milk, usually around 5 minutes, occasionally stirring. I like mine nice and sticky!

Place in your Coconut Bowl and top with anything you fancy. Enjoy!

 

Berry Smoothie Bowl

Coconut Smoothie Bowl

If only we lived in a warmer climate, I would literally eat one of these everyday! However, this doesn’t stop me from having them on a regular basis, especially as they’re so simple to make. Here is one of our favourites…

Ingredients:

  • 2 tsp of Berry Beauty Blend
  • 125g of Mixed Frozen Berries
  • 1 Frozen Banana
  • 150ml of Almond Milk

How to make:

Blend all of the ingredients until the mixture is smooth, it will be quite thick and that’s exactly how you want it! You may have to shake the blender or stir the contents a couple of times.

Pour the berry goodness into your coconut bowl and decorate it with your favourite smoothie bowl ingredients. We have used Granola, Raspberries, Blueberries and Desiccated Coconut.

 

Our Coconut Bowls are made with love and can contain any of your favourite meals, hot or cold. Please get inventive and tag us with your very own creations #WeAreSuperU  




Leave a comment


Also in Blog

Our Plans for 2018
Our Plans for 2018

February 06, 2018

Our 2018 calendar is looking pretty full already and it’s only Feb! We’ve got some very exciting plans for Super U this year, so we thought we’d give you more of an idea what we’re getting up to! 

Continue Reading

The Life of a Coconut
The Life of a Coconut

January 29, 2018

We have just received another batch of our amazing Coconut Bowls from our workshop and some of them are nearly double the size of others! Here's why... 

Continue Reading

Our 5 tips for a healthier and happier U in 2018!
Our 5 tips for a healthier and happier U in 2018!

January 02, 2018

It’s that time of the year again, where the Christmas binge has left us all feeling pretty full and rubbish!

Continue Reading